There are many benefits to having regular massage during pregnancy. It can help many minor ailments experienced during pregnancy such achy hips, backache and heavy sore legs due to fluid retention. It can also help with the emotional preparation for giving birth.
- Muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension, and knots, can all be alleviated.
- relieves depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes one is experiencing.
- relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, a stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, oedema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
- increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and foetus. This means greater vitality and less fatigue for mother and better nourishment for her baby.
- alleviates nervous tension, which helps the mother sleep more easily and more deeply.